Next week, August 2-8, is National Farmers Market Week, celebrating the important role farmers’ markets play in our local economies. It’s a great opportunity to showcase the fantastic services your market provides!
The Farmers Market Coalition has compiled a toolkit full of templates, resources, and social media tips to help you spread the word about this special week and share how farmers’ markets benefit their communities! Included is a great list of talking points like this one:
“Farmers’ markets increase access to fresh, nutritious food. Several studies have found lower prices for conventional and organic produce at farmers markets than at supermarkets. Due to this and other factors, 52% more SNAP households shop at farmers markets and from direct marketing farmers today than in 2011.”
See and download the complete Farmers Market Talking Points and Facts sheet here!
Then check out these other resources:
- Social Media Cheat Sheet
- Press Release Template
- Newsletter Announcement Template
- Update Your Market’s Info in the USDA Farmers Market Directory
- Invitation Template for Public Officials and Legislators
- Congressional Contact Info Lookup (use your zip code)
- FMC Guide to Bonding with Your Federal Legislators
- FMC Guide to Bonding with Your State Legislators
- Official 2015 National Farmers Market Week Proclamation From USDA
How will your market celebrate?